AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2000 - Wireless Bridge System
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 10/1/2008 01:37 (#472680 - in reply to #472173)
Subject: Re: GS2000 - Wireless Bridge System

The specs look like they would work with existing network cables, but I question the 5 mile range mentioned at the top, then 20 mile range listed further down. Perhaps only up to 5 miles is guaranteed, anything over 5 may be iffy. It looks like you could go for the amplifier and be assured of reaching over 5 miles. I know it says it can handle streaming video, but the data rate shows max 54mbps, which may be sufficient for what you want. It handles DHCP addressing which would be easier, and a web based administration for configuring, so that would be nice. It shows it has security built in which would be helpful. You might consider using the MAC address filtering rather than leaving it more open. I use that type, and it locks out all other MAC addresses while only allowing the MAC address matching my network card. As for connection to other sites, it indicates you might be able to use a splitter, but you would need another receiver antenna at the other site, unless it was in line with the house antenna. It shows the antenna has a 30 degree spread, so your second site would have to be within that 30 degrees, or you would need another setup for the second site.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)