AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harvesting in Clinton Ohio pictures with answers, edit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 9/29/2008 19:41 (#471652)
Subject: Harvesting in Clinton Ohio pictures with answers, edit

Martinsville, Ohio

I hope the beans made over 50 in the first picture, never got to talk to Brian, we were both busy.  Kokomo silt loam, as good as it gets around here, reclassified from Brookston Silt Loam, treasured soil but probably a swamp when the settlers came.

You are probably looking at some of the best soybeans in Ohio in 2008.  Many won't make 30.

Marty's equipment is all immaculate, him and his dad has a fleet of Olivers in perfect condition.  Yes, that is an original spirit of 76, that is what people believe in around here.

Colors, we like diversity and competition here.  We don't want  to be stuck with one brand.  Some of these guys could buy you and me out.  The old saying is they have the first dollar they ever earned and it is really multiplied many many times and you can see it.

That red thing is a grain truck from the 70's, still used here but combines are so fast now most use semi's to move grain.

I guess I posted the colors because we are Contrarians here.  Don't go with the flow unless you think it is right.

I am blessed to live in a beautiful, small farming community in southwest Ohio.  We are among the last to do this in this region.  Hope I covered all the comments and questions.

Ed

Edited by Ed Winkle 9/30/2008 08:49

(Sept 13 2008 140.jpg)

(Sept 13 2008 139.jpg)

(Sept 13 2008 137.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Sept 13 2008 140.jpg (59KB - 102 downloads)
Attachments Sept 13 2008 139.jpg (43KB - 109 downloads)
Attachments Sept 13 2008 137.jpg (59KB - 87 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)