AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2388 Header Keeps Lowering
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

COdrylander
Posted 9/27/2008 17:21 (#470384)
Subject: 2388 Header Keeps Lowering

NE CO
I'm stumped by the action of my header on a CIH 2388. When I lower the header, it slowly coasts to a stop at a lower position than where I released the control button. At first it was just a bit lower, but now it keeps lowering as much as a foot or more. It keeps coasting down, finally slowly coasting to a stop maybe five seconds after I release the switch. If I hit the up switch during this time, the header will respond up in a regular manner, but then finish lowering itself from the new position. Once it reaches its final position, it holds that level and doesn't leak down any further. The problem seems the same both with and without a header mounted.

I have replaced the header position switch in the control handle, and it has no effect on the problem. The dealer had a service bulletin on correcting headers leaking down, and I checked the thermal relief valve and found no leakage. The dealer didn't have in stock the header lower secondary poppet and header lower pilot poppet to repair the Header Valve Assembly which was the second fix option. However, my problem isn't really the header leak down rate that the service bulletin addressed, so I wonder if this fix will address the problem anyway.

The problem is the same with the header control accumulator switch both on and off and with the needle valve full open and closed.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to look at next, I would be most grateful.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)