AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wireless router issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ottofarm
Posted 9/25/2008 13:41 (#469230)
Subject: wireless router issues

Redwood Falls, MN
I was working on a system this morning where they purchased a new Linksys wireless router. I set up the router and was able to get one laptop connected easily.

The second laptop is a Toshiba Satellite with built in wireless. It has its own software for managing the wireless. I cannot find the software on the laptop to get connected to the new wireless. Windows is not handling it and some Toshiba software that can show me the Linksys won't let me use it to connect because it says some other software is in control. If I can't find the control software in control panel or the program files where else can I look. How can I get Windows back in control of the wireless?

The third computer is a desktop and we installed a new Linksys usb wireless. It connects fine to the wireless, I can ping the computer from a laptop, I can log into the Linksys router from this computer, but I cannot get internet access. Linksys software says it's connected to the internet. I disabled Norton 360, which isn't able to do its updates either. I also turned off the windows firewall. Still, not internet.

Any advice on these issues is appreciated.

Lance O.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)