AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UAS Field Day Hillsboro North Dakota
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

satman
Posted 8/25/2016 11:23 (#5489308 - in reply to #5487221)
Subject: RE: UAS Field Day Hillsboro North Dakota

Langdon, ND
The only argument I'd have is currently satellite data and aerial data from a manned aircraft have much of the same capability as a drone and whether it is used for good or bad cannot be stopped. That capability has been around for a long time and if it was a big issue I figured it would have already been a larger issue by now. I would say just an image isn't enough to hurt most growers and if it does they probably did something wrong. Insurance comes to mind. I can understand why growers have this thought but when I farmed and looked at imagery the only person who knew why these areas were different than others and why was me and the real data that needs to be protected is the application data with fert, chem, seed, and practice which then helps discern something that could be used against you. The larger problem is that the current FAA rules state that NO ONE person owns the sky above them even a foot off the ground or above a structure. Owners can stop flight over a place but only if it causes a nuisance in which harms the individual or effects the property in a negative way say by property value. Those can change on a case by case basis but nationally it will take a huge effort and the likes of Google will most likely fight it pretty hard. I'm not against farmers just telling the reality of the situation
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)