AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar 2 with 3rd party Reciever?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

A_B_E_M_A_N
Posted 8/19/2011 07:43 (#1919409 - in reply to #460885)
Subject: RE: Greenstar 2 with 3rd party Reciever?

NW Wisconsin

Warren, I see that you must have something figured out with putting 3rd party GPS's on GS1's. I'm having some difficulties. Is there a chance you could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? The John Deere guy only seems to want to sell me a starfire, not fix my problem.

Below is a posting that I've gotten no responces on yet.

Thanks,

Abe

"I'm trying to set up two JD's: a 9500 and a 9550 both with GS1's and both with Raven GPS's. No luck on either of them. JD makes a cable to connect a third-party GPS to the GS1, but neither combine is recognizing it. After looking at the pinouts, I'm pretty sure I need to use a Null Modem adapter (which I've tried) with no success. I've connected my laptop to both GPS's to make sure they are outputing the right strings (which I've been told need to be GGA, GSA, RMC at 1 to 5 Hz, 19,200 baud). Kinda reaching the end of my rope with John Deere - they say it should work, but all they want to do is sell me a JD Globe. I'm not sure how hard they're trying to find a solution. By they way, we did try a JD Globe on the 9550, and it worked (I just don't see the point in buying something I already have)."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)