AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom 3 professional questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 8/15/2016 22:33 (#5471478 - in reply to #5470987)
Subject: RE: Phantom 3 professional questions

southern MN
Any trees, building, hill with tall corn, power line, etc between you and the drone when it happened?

Need clear line of sight between your controller and the drone, flying low makes it more so.

Happens often in those situations, the video falls apart long before the control falls apart, but if the situation startles you and can't remember what direction it was facing and so forth - pull up and hope you reestsblish video.

I stand in the shadow of a machine shed for my every couple day flight path. Can see the mini iPad screen pretty good. As I fly by on my circle, I need to remember to walk out into the sun, so I maintain the line of sight connection, or the building blocks me and it breaks up. If it breaks up, 3-4 steps and I'm out in the clear line of sight, and I can walk my way out and around the building.

Continuing my circle, as I get another 1/4 of my route I need to stay high or the trees behind the machine shed interfere. I can't out walk that issue, other buildings and a hill get in the way anyplace I go, just need to stay 200 feet or more and I'm fine in that short bit of the route.

They make nice little sun shields for the tablets. Whole lot more get made from a cereal box and work just as well.

Can't help,you on the card popping out.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)