AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Laptop Advice....Check Computer forum as well
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

L8Bloomer
Posted 9/1/2008 23:21 (#449063 - in reply to #448447)
Subject: RE: Need Laptop Advice....Check Computer forum as well

SW Ohio
I'm happy with my HP. My accountant is happy with his Dell. I may try Apple when I wear this one out. This is so subjective that it is hard to recommend. Also, unless you are a "pro-shopper" the model changed when you left the store! First I'd check the Internet. Tom's Hardware dot com. Consumer Reports, etc. to get an idea of the model I want and how much cash to get together. Then I'd research my local stores and pit them against an online retailer. I know some people as I said are happy with Dell and they have a good warranty. I have heard though that if you need someone to help you with setup or software glitches you'll prefer local help. Many other online sellers are the same with call-in support.
Sorry I can't say Model XX from AAA online for so many $$$ but I own one that I'm very satisfied with and would have to start out the way I'm telling you if mine busted tonight. Computers change so fast. I would stay with my XP Pro if not Apple. And I prefer the wide screen but that's me.

Good Luck,
Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)