AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS Mobile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

PJacob
Posted 9/1/2008 08:26 (#448154 - in reply to #446885)
Subject: RE: SMS Mobile

Tuscola, IL
I have had an SMS Mobile since this spring. I used it this year so far to mark areas for replanting, do coverage logging in my sprayer, and crop scouting. I am going to use it this fall for soil sampling. I figured I will pay the $2250 for it in short order by taking my own samples instead of hiring it done. I farm about 1200 acres and feel that it was money well spent. I use SMS desktop software and the handheld syncs to it very easily. The Mobile will export standard shape files so I would think you could use it with just about any GIS software. My plan is to use the handheld to keep track of many other farm related activities such as making a spreadsheet program to keep track of hired labor hours, machinery maintence, using the scheduler to keep track of meetings and the kids activities, ect. I have not however had much luck keeping the thing up to date. It is just a matter of taking the time to put the stuff in. Trimble also has a handheld with e-z map software one it. I don't know that much about it but it is cheaper than the Ag Leader Handheld. I went with the AG Leader because it syncs easily with my desktop software.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)