AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Commercial UAS in MS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Derrick W
Posted 5/6/2016 13:15 (#5286002 - in reply to #5283685)
Subject: RE: Commercial UAS in MS

Part 107 is supposed to be out in June of this year, outlining the requirements for flying UAS commercially. The 333 is a temporary solution, Part 107 is the permanent solution. *IF* it does go into place in June, your 333 wouldn't even be approved before that happens.

That being said, you need to turn in your 333 right now. Today. This will definitely be the hangup, and you don't want to wait until you're ready to apply for it. I think their approval time is at around 6-7 months now.

Other obstacles, just off the top of my head-
You need a licensed (at least sport) pilot
You need commercial insurance for any legitimate job. We weren't able to book any big gigs until we got this taken care of. Transport Risk Management is who we use, and I like them a lot.
You need backups for everything. Cameras, drones, batteries, etc.

You need to check the airspace around the areas that you're expecting most of your business. We get a lot of requests for fields within 5nm of an airport, and it's too much of a hassle right now to try to get permission to fly those.

Depending on what you're doing, you might need a lot of software. I know that there are only a handful of jobs where I could have gotten by using online services only.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)