AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

neighbor wants to dig shallow well?anyone done it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

carlsoncl
Posted 4/27/2016 17:56 (#5267156 - in reply to #5266480)
Subject: RE: neighbor wants to dig shallow well?anyone done it

Beresford, SD
There are a few curbing wells around. We have one on a farm that is no longer in use. Was dug in the late 60's with a rig much like what the REA uses to set poles. I believe it is 45 foot deep with concrete curbing with a submersible pump in the pit. Grandpa used it for livestock only, very hard water. About 5 years ago I dug a well to get rid of a $1200 a month rural water bill. Hit Good water at 120 feet. Well has been good and trouble free since installation. Total project cost was 14k......rural water for shop and house runs less than 50 a month now. Caution..... If filling water jug with well water....have to take it easy the first few days or bring TP with ya while in the field. Hahahahha.

I also have the gift to wich for water, buried lines.....h2o, electrical, or even an old trench. Found out at age 10 when one of my grandpa's old buddies had 2 L shaped copper wires......located every h2o, electrical line on his farm. Can wich to locate tile lines As well. Never forget the first time the two wires crossed and the old boy said yep, "that my rural water line". Gave me goose bumps.

Edited by carlsoncl 4/27/2016 18:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)