AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This just BUGS me :)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 4/23/2016 14:43 (#5259526)
Subject: This just BUGS me :)

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Its getting warm enough so we see a few bugs flying, time to put a bug screen in front of the car radiator. All my other rigs have enough space between radiator and grill to fit a sheet of aluminum window screen, so we thought the 15 Lincoln would be the same. In their quest for that last mpg, the car makers are now fitting radiator / grill shutters to make excess air flow around the front of the rig, instead of through the engine compartment. Great idea, except that the area where I need to install a bug screen , is chock full if shutters and actuator mechanism.
OK, plan B, this body style has been out for 3 years, certainly someone makes screened snap in grill inserts for it ? Google failed miserably on this one, I find grill inserts for pickups, but none for cars of any make, the only thing available is ugly, universal fit, full front screens.
Don decided to make our own grill inserts from 1/4 steel rod and heavy duty nylon window screen, attached with fish line and black RTV rubber.

. Each screen attached to a grill bar by two black cable ties. Sure would have been easier to pay for some ready made snap in screen inserts, but they do not appear to exist. That puzzles me, is there any place on this continent where they don't have bugs in the radiator trouble for at least part of the year ?

Edited by Jon Hagen 4/23/2016 20:10

(mkz screens 1.JPG)

(mkz screens 2.jpg)

(mkz screens 3.jpg)

(mkz screens 4.jpg)

(mkz screens 5.jpg)

(mkz screens 6.jpg)

(mkz screens 7.jpg)

(mkz screens 8.jpg)

(mkz screens 9.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mkz screens 1.JPG (71KB - 58 downloads)
Attachments mkz screens 2.jpg (67KB - 57 downloads)
Attachments mkz screens 3.jpg (79KB - 56 downloads)
Attachments mkz screens 4.jpg (99KB - 60 downloads)
Attachments mkz screens 5.jpg (69KB - 58 downloads)
Attachments mkz screens 6.jpg (74KB - 56 downloads)
Attachments mkz screens 7.jpg (92KB - 55 downloads)
Attachments mkz screens 8.jpg (71KB - 61 downloads)
Attachments mkz screens 9.jpg (87KB - 55 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)