AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ordering supplies on line and and free shipping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 4/23/2016 08:43 (#5259207)
Subject: Ordering supplies on line and and free shipping

East Central Arkansas

Over the last year or so my wife orders a good bit of household type supplies and even some grocery items from different internet sites. Often with a certain size order she can get free shipping and that's when she is normally ordering stuff. What I can't understand is that it's not unusual for the items to be shipped separately and often the packing and shipping has to cost more than the item being shipped. Say for instance a 11 oz box of Nilla Wafers cookies shipped by itself UPS. But then when I have to order a small part the shipping cost as much or more than the part sometimes. Here a while back she had a large order of groceries and household supplies shipped that was all packed in one box. The large box got broke open in shipping and all of it's contents got rolled around good in the back of some delivery truck. Several containers broke open and were dumped out but the delivery service just gathered the containers up and stuffed back in the box and then taped the box back up. She called the company she had ordered from and they replaced the damage products. Seems crazy you used to go down the road to your local country store and get something now you order it and get it delivered to your house.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)