AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Milo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Full_Draw
Posted 8/8/2008 08:24 (#430920)
Subject: Milo

Kansas
In reference to an earlier post that I made: http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=56242&posts=17...

Again I am in South Central Kansas and I double cropped some milo into wheat stubble and followed you guys advise and used the no-till approach. I used a burndown spray right after wheat harvest, drilled with a no-till drill on 15" centers a couple of days later and then a couple of weeks after emergence I sprayed Atrazine with crop oil. This overall combination has given me a real nice, clean stand. Before the Atrazine and crop oil the volunteer wheat was coming on pretty good but the spray took care of that. Just wanted to say thinks for all of the good advice and give some feedback on what I did.

I do have one other question for you guys. Right now the milo is over knee high and has a full canopy so I am not too concerned about weeds but I do have an issue with some bugs (worms). Have noticed the last few days that the leaves are a little ragged so I took a walk out in the field last night. Pulled a few plants apart and found a small (1/2"-3/4") green worm. Did some research and I think that it might be fall armyworm. Do you guys spray for these or do they not do enough damage to hurt yield. I did some research and cannot find much on them. After driving around I see that a lot of milo in the area looks about the same so I am thinking that this is a common problem. So what's the word, spray or let it be.

Thanks,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)