AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wife's machinery broke must replace
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 2/12/2016 09:14 (#5106193 - in reply to #5105701)
Subject: RE: Wife's machinery broke must replace

Heads up on your Neptune, I just got done with a similar problem, our spin cycle kepp gradually getting noisier all along and also the clothes / towels would be soaking wet yet, till it finally quit with about 3/4 done with about 1-2 gallons of water in the tub. I tore into it, used a shop vac to suck out the water and then disconnected the drain pump hoses, sucked that water out, then proceded to the drain / rinse pump. This is where I found the problem, the little centrifugal impeller broke the small shaft drive of the electric drive motor.

Ours is a front load, but there are different models, some you have to do from the front to repair, but mine ( wife's :-) ) was easily accesible from the back panel. Maytag makes you buy the whole motor-pump assembly, and it was about $ 110.00. 3 bolts, 3 screws, one electrical connector, 2 hose clamps, less than 1/2 hour fix.

Ours is about 10 yrs old and thats when Maytag was going thru the buyout transition and I found out that ours was made by Samsung.

Hope this helps

Rog

P.S. Even I cant believe how much quieter ours runs now, so I figure that shaft was bent for some time maybe causing out of balance or low speed that the pump was not completely emptying, so then the machine tub was always out of balance, this vibrating like crazy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)