AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feild Print-Outs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/3/2008 07:53 (#427329 - in reply to #426373)
Subject: RE: Field Print-Outs

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Back several years ago, Raven had a portable printer that could be used in the field. It plugged into the serial port on Raven controllers and was able to print out some limited reports.

This concept was dropped as it wasn't really very practical to use the printer in the cab. There were several issues such as time, dirt etc. that worked against the idea.

I had heard of one custom operator who drove up alongside his office window and ran a serial cable to the office printer. Again this doesn't seem very practical.

As has been mentioned the Ag Leader Insight can create a .pdf format report which is stored on the removable memory card. Since this report is in the very common PDF format, it is very easy to view and print on a P.C. The P.C. must have a copy of the free Adobe software and a suitable card reader.

Card readers are available from many sources. I just bought another one for the a new computer at work from Wal-Mart for $20. This card reader claims to be able to read 51 different card styles including the CF cards which the Insight uses.

More detailed reports can be created with "purchased" software. These software packages read the .ilf data files that are created in the field as the operation progresses. These .ilf files can be transferred from the internal memory card to the removable memory card. These software packages can be quite sophisticated and allow for a great deal of manipulation and management.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)