AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Toolchest Recomendations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 8/1/2008 00:49 (#426120 - in reply to #425084)
Subject: Re: Toolchest Recomendations

I built a tool cart featured in Farmshow that works great. I used heavy angle iron for the base frame, welded casters to the frame, then welded 1 inch pipe to the frame for uprights. I then welded lighter angle iron for cross pieces between the uprights. The cart is about 18 inches deep, 4 feet wide and 5 feet high. I spot welded peg board hooks to the angle iron cross pieces. Now when I work on something, I can roll the cart right to where I am working. The base frame makes a great shelf for holding socket sets or other tool boxes, and the pipe uprights works great for mounting halogen lights. I've added an outlet strip to one side with a long enough cord to reach a wall outlet. In the current issue for Farmshow, I see a guy selling a model with less tool space for $1500.00. What's nice about the open design is I can hang tools on both sides, reach through for a tool if I need to. I installed magnetic holders in a couple of places. If I remember right, it was one of the items featured on RFD-TV last summer. <strike>I would add a picture, but I can't figure out how to upload it.</strike> Picture below.<br />

Edit: Best thing about the peg board hooks being welded is they don't fall out every time you reach for a tool. I have peg boards in the shop, but only hang things I seldom use, or parts. I built a similar cart using a 2 x4 foot wire shelf as a welding cart. I welded hog wire to the back and peg board hooks to the hog wire. Very sturdy carts!

Edited by Hayburner 8/1/2008 00:57

(Picture076_23Sep06.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Picture076_23Sep06.jpg (42KB - 45 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)