AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what we take for granted
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Redman
Posted 1/9/2016 14:05 (#5023581 - in reply to #5022821)
Subject: RE: what we take for granted

SW Saskatchewan
Don't complain too much-grocery prices in most parts of Sk are pretty reasonable unless you need a speciality item like caviar-joke. Our local co-op in Consul sk, pop 46, has a pretty good selection and reasonable prices for what I need when I am on the farm batching for harvest and seeding-and in fact it compares quite well to prices on Vancouver Island.

What really surprises me are food prices here in the US-unless you shop at Walmart or Costco. Always felt HEB had a price monopoly in south Texas but prices were similiar when we visit our son in Raleigh NC. Very similar to Canadian prices not taking into account the dollar difference. With the wage level in the US south, the working poor will definitely pay more of their wages for food than in the northern states.

That said, we have it pretty good.

I don't propose govt intervention unless some real inefficiencies can be identified that be solved--ie transportation policy etc.

Amazon along with UPS and Fedex have trimmed the cost of delivery down here south of the 49th, too bad Amazon Canada hasn't been as effective. Maybe there are no solutions!

Edited by Redman 1/9/2016 17:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)