AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health care
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 1/4/2016 14:02 (#5010330 - in reply to #5010309)
Subject: RE: Health care

northeastern Ohio
dairyman78 - 1/4/2016 13:48

The problem I have with these organizations is I suspect that others are expected to pay for what they don't pay for. Also I was told they cherry pick their clients. If you start having health issues, do they give you the boot? How do they treat you as you age? Maybe you can enlighten me.

David,
As a group, we all share the costs of everyones medical bills. My "share" of ALL the groups bills is $135 per month for my family of 4 ($45 for me, $45 for my wife, and $45 for my two boys). That is for the Bronze plan, which is essentially equal to the insurance plan that I compared to at $1300 per month for my family. The $135 monthly share has not changed in the past 2 years. I put the $1165 I save every month into a savings account. I've saved almost $28,000 in the last two years.

I do not know about the other organizations, but the one I belong to (CHM) does not have any restriction on age or health issues. They do not accept anyone who uses tobacco or does illegal drugs. Here is a quote from their website:

"To be CHM members, participating adults must be Christians living by biblical principles, including abstaining from the use of tobacco and the illegal use of drugs (1 Corinthians 6:19-20), following biblical teaching on the use of alcohol, and attending group worship regularly if health permits (Hebrews 10:25). There are no restrictions based on age, weight, geographic location or health history."

Edited by Jay NE Ohio 1/4/2016 14:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)