AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Military Helicopters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

rustndust
Posted 1/2/2016 13:34 (#5005511 - in reply to #5004650)
Subject: RE: Military Helicopters

bkandra - 1/2/2016 07:19 I posted a bit of this below on the Guard planes, but: Last summer I was in a sprayer when 5 military helicoptors flying cross country went by. The were very low, at the time I guessed 100'. Two of them actually split the formation and banked to go around me, and one went right over the top. Now that I have a drone, and have flown it at varying altitudes, I think my guess of 100' was high. Maybe closer to 50'. I now they were barely above a couple of trees at the edge of the field. So, if I had been out flying a drone looking at crops at that time, whose fault? This is not a flight path at all. I haven't a clue what the were doing in the area. As I say, I was guessing 100', now I think maybe 50', and they were close enough (<300') from me. The one that flew right over the top was probably only 50' overhead. Edit to add: They also flew pretty low over the nearby town. Low enough that I talked to several people that came out of their business to see what was going on.

Drone operators...welcome to the world of aviation.

Now that drones are going to be registered with the FAA...now they aren't only toys, but in the eyes of a federal regulator agency...an AIRCRAFT...and with your name in a database and displayed on that AIRCRAFT...there won't be as much freedom to fly a drone, and a lot more responsibility and regulation will surely be coming

Some things to remember....the rules of the road...the guy flying the turbine Air Tractor or the Super Cub share the exact same airspace as drones

Even though drones have an altitude restriction...there are plenty of airplanes flying below that restriction...commonly and legally

Lets put this 500' or less= flying low myth to bed....

Airplane pilots know all this...now its the drone flyers turn..

Learn what F.A.R.s are...(Federal Air Regulations)

T.F.Rs (temporary flight rules...this one might get you some day),(presidential visits, train derailments, forest fires, sporting events, air shows..what airspace that was legal to fly in an hour ago...might change in the next hour and get you a visit from the authorities.

part 91 (rules for general aviation),

part 137 (rules for spray planes),

M.O.A.s (military operation areas)

Airspace "classes" (A) (B)...and so forth 

http://www.atlasaviation.com/AviationLibrary/usairspaceclasses/usairspaceclasses.htm

Airport traffic area....you get the picture.

Edited by rustndust 1/2/2016 13:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)