AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How low does the Air National Guard fly?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 1/3/2016 23:09 (#5009349 - in reply to #5009310)
Subject: RE: How low does the Air National Guard fly?

Southeast Wyoming

Wheat77 - 1/3/2016 21:41
Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 1/2/2016 10:46

Jaynjess

I'm absolutely sure helicopters or airplanes CAN be operated below 500' altitude. That would be the height above ground level. They can be 1 foot off the deck & moving....as long as they are 500' AWAY from a person or structure in a sparsely (= country) area. Again, structures are man-made, so trees don't count. Helicopters can be lower & closer if they're maneuvering to land or hover. Airplanes can be lower if they are in fact landing. Neither of these rules includes ag operations. Obviously fw & rw can both go below 500' there. Again...500' vertically (over the top of your head), or 500' laterally (on the deck, but 500' away from your body) doing a fly-by.

If a plane or helicopter (other than ag) hits something while lower than this, they'll likely get tagged for "careless & reckless operation.....", assuming they live.

Ron, I am surprised and I thought you were smarter than your post here. Think about the aerial crop sprayers, do they fly under 500 Ft. ? The skies belong to airplanes, not drones.

Wheat77, apparently you have had a long day. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)