AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar and Ag Leader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/18/2006 08:19 (#36828 - in reply to #36565)
Subject: RE: Greenstar and Ag Leader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I wouldn't think there should be a problem as the systems are both receivers rather than transmitters. In the case of a GPS receiver and a business band radio there can be interference when the business band radio is transmitting.

I myself had problems with my GPS receiver on a combine when I would talk on the two-way radio. Moving the two-way antenna (magnetic mount in my case) further from the GPS antenna solved my problem.

I assume your situation is that you already have the Ag Leader on the combine and now want to add the Autotrac. The GPS from the Autotrac could provide the info for the Yield Monitor but then you would be without it when you move the Autotrac to the NH3 tractor.

I am in a situation myself involving assisted steering on the combine. I have an Ag Leader Insight on the combine and an EZ- steer system on a tractor. I could move the EZ-Steer to the combine and utilize the GPS from it for the Insight (I have another GPS for the combine already). The use in the combine is questionable since it would only be for Soybeans which are planted in rows. Using the Ez-steer for Soybeans would require that I harvest at an angle. This is sometimes done in this area anyway to promote more even feeding. At the moment, I'm undecided if I want to move the EZ-steer to the combine or not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)