AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I am amazed......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mad Max Perf
Posted 7/26/2008 16:53 (#422457 - in reply to #422265)
Subject: Re: I am amazed......

North Western Alberta
Mustard, basically the whole Peace County is bad. Further North, towards say, Manning and Peace River, its a bit better, but I seem to be 20 miles south, and 20 miles north of any of even the little sprinkles. I have truly only had .6 of an inch this year.
Proud2bafarmer.... not sure if Im positive, or just not to smart... ha ha... But, as we just like you, I am amazed at mother nature. I mean, you dig down 8" to a foot, and bam.... there is nothing but dry powder. Anyone know how deep the roots go? Im not joking, my crops are wayyyyy better than anyone near me. Must be all that nitrogen. Weird. This soil was mined pretty bad, so I really put down all nutrients this year. I had all the old guys warning me that in a dry year, it would N burn. Man, that sure hasnt been the case. On my canola, I put down 85 or so lbs.acre of actual N with the toolbar, and then 35 of N through the drill as well as over applied the P, K and S to get residuals back up. Im totally confident that the Minimum till is what is saving me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)