AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez steer ?? or something else?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 7/25/2008 13:19 (#421858 - in reply to #421764)
Subject: Re: Ez steer ?? or something else?

Leesburg, Ohio
greengrass said "ezsteer will work fine running 16mph + . We run it on our 4710 sprayer and it is never off more than 4in on WAAS"

???
I have had an EZsteer setup for three years now, and although I like it for what it is capable of, I would highly question the above statement. In my experience. it just is NOT capable of being "never off more than 4 inches." Period. Not on WAAS, anyway.

That said, I planted and sprayed with it, and got along fine. I still used markers on the planter, and foam on the sprayer, and would not consider using the EZ on WAAS without those aids. On a good day, I would have to Nudge it a few inches every few rounds. On a bad day, it would drift 10 feet in one pass across the field...not often, but I could count on it doing that every three or four days.

This year, we changed two tractors over to GS2 and RTK, and are extremely pleased with the results, except for the ATU we have on one tractor that has given us some trouble aquiring the line after the winter software upgrade. We are changing that tractor over to a fully integrated valve, and will demo a new ATU200 on the combine this fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)