AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Virtual Autoswath
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

agboy
Posted 7/25/2008 08:23 (#421688 - in reply to #421653)
Subject: Re: Virtual Autoswath

Flandreau, SD

I am talking on a per row basis to shutdown the autoswath when combineing and not talking anything about autosteering on a combine.  It justs adjusts the acres per swath to make your yield map for accurate.

I was combineing 6 rows and when I went down to 5 rows the Insight would not change over to 5 rows at the same time by itself. or it would jump back and forth between 6 and 5 rows.  So I just adjusted my headwidth manually instead of useing autoswath.

On a sprayer you are not running 30 inch sections, I would bet you are running sections in the 10 feet plus ranges so a waas is good enough for that.  I have sprayers on WAAS with autoswath also.

Just like when you plant and want single row shutoff, you need HP/XP or RTK.  I did have a planter on WAAS with two row section shutoffs and it works good, but for single row I would expect it to work just like my combine did.

Maybe I needed to adjust the overlap/skip % when combineing?  Anybody use WAAS and autoswath in corn and think it worked good?

Ron I am going  to email you about your Front boomer this a.m.

Edited by agboy 7/25/2008 08:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)