AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm naked ... OK, my computer is naked, I have clothes on
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/23/2008 04:43 (#420443)
Subject: I'm naked ... OK, my computer is naked, I have clothes on

West Union, Illinois

I finally became so frustrated with my ISP I installed Wild Blue over the weekend. I have been very dissaisfied with the performance. 

As an example, I went to the forum page and clicked Forum Talk ... took 48 seconds to come up.  I scrolled down to "court judgement", only 1 response so should be rather quick ... 33 seconds. 

I called tech support yesterday, and they suggested part of the problem was AVG and part was my firewall.  So I disabled AVG and Zone Alarm and Spybot and everything else related to anti-anything I could find and tried again.  Pretty much cut the delay to 3 seconds at the most.

So, I am VERY uncomfortable running a naked computer.  Anyone have a suggestion? The Tech lady I talked with (BTW she was from Iowa, didn't seem to be reading a script, and spoke my English) said WB didn't really recommend anything, but personally she had subscribed to the Zone Alarm internet suite and was pleased.

Anyone considering WB should understand one thing.  Your upload speed will be terrible.  It was mentioned but I really didn't understand what I was being told.  Using the speakeasy speed test my former ISP uses I have a download of 1045k.  My upload is 58-100k.  I think this is part of where my lag comes from.

So, any suggestions? I'm locked in for 24 months. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)