AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is it fair to say
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 7/11/2008 14:17 (#413614 - in reply to #413564)
Subject: Re: Is it fair to say

Coldwater, Michigan
Craig,

I don't know that that is fair to say or not. If you were to only apply 1-5 gallons of nitrogen through the root system, I'm sure you wouldn't have exceptional results either. The foliar feeding of nitrogen is probably far superior to root application from an efficiency standpoint. The problem arises in the amount you are able to apply at any given time. Foliar feeding of nitrogen can make sense if you apply it at the same time you are applying fungicde, or some other trip across the field. But as a significant part of your total nitrogen program, let's not kid ourselves unless you want to make numerous trips.

As a program where you haven't sidedressed as soon as you should have.... maybe to buy time for your sidedress to kick in. Maybe as a way to bring the crop back after too much water in an area of the field, or even the whole field, but not as the total program. I believe if used as I have described, it could be a useful tool, but understand... it is a tool. One of many possible tools.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)