AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Washer and Dryer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

countryman
Posted 10/22/2015 01:59 (#4851840 - in reply to #4851493)
Subject: RE: New Washer and Dryer?

Germany

smelling washing machines/laundry seem to become an increasing issue with all makes. It's a tribute to engergy and water saving standards maybe? Looooong washing cycles, at low temps are a standard meanwhile.

I had this issue as well, clean laundry but smelling. I tried laundry disinfectant in the softener compartment of the machine and it helped some (don't want softener anyway). Then here on AgTalk I got the tip to use white vinegar instead. This works even better than the disinfectant and costs next to nothing. 3 or 4 tablespoons in the softener compartment are enough. And no there is no vinegar smell in the laundry ;-)

I buy 25% concentrated vinegar/acetic acid but thin it to ~5% for safe handling.

Cleaning the soap compartment of the machine, running a hot cycle from time to time or useing bleach are often recommended but did not help here. Yes I do my own laundry :-)

My experiences with LG are a bit ambivalent. It blew an internal fuse with no obvious reason. It was a non-servicable fuse sealed under silicone on the main circuit board. I dug it out of the silicone and soldered a automotive style fuse holder on top of it - fixed. Another time the balancing sensor for the spin cycle failed obviously. The machine shook badly and moved in the room making a mess. I opened the back side to look it up but could not find anything wrong. Finally dismantled the dampeners, nothing wrong, too. Eventually the machine stopped shaking, without any actual "repairs" done, just from taking it apart and putting back together again...

My best bet "here" is Bosch, but not sure about service in America.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)