AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geo Thermal question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SD-455
Posted 7/9/2008 13:05 (#412268 - in reply to #412251)
Subject: RE: Geo Thermal question

Northeast Indiana (Auburn)
A five ton unit should be able to heat your floor area depending on how close the loops in the floor are. A ClimateMaster Tranquility 27 is what I use for water to air heat and A/C in my house The loop will run about $900 per ton so plan on about $4500 for the closed loop. A five ton unit lists for about $7600, depending on your dealer you should get it for $5000. The loop pump and the install cost will be about $2000. The pex in the floor and the valve manifold will depend on how much pex you put in the floor and how many zones you use. Right now demand for Geo thermal systems is drving a lot of dealers to not discount their systems, in other words they have you by the short hairs. One side note buy your system from a Geo thermal dealer that only does Geo thermal. In my area the LP, Natural gas and oil heating contractors are installing Geo thermal units now since they aren't getting much other work and most don't have a clue as to how to size a unit allowing for older verses newer houses.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)