AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case Ih 4260 sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ChrisTN
Posted 7/8/2008 23:08 (#411976 - in reply to #411960)
Subject: Re: Case Ih 4260 sprayer

Ethridge, TN
Basically, it's just a larger version of your WT, in how it works, and the suspension. It's just been rearranged as to how the machine is laid out. Motor moved to the rear, tank in the middle. This gives the machine as close to a 50/50 weight split as you can get.

The boom carriage is different, as it is a 4 point parallel linkage. Takes even more bounce out of the boom. Your boom tips are going to fold-over, vs fold around, so be aware as to "where" you are unfolding. I think all the 99's used air from the turbo boost for the foam markers. There was some occasions where you didn't get quite as much foam as you might like for the speed these machines are capable of spraying.

You will no longer have the 3 speed switch. There will be a small dial on the joystick that gives you infinite speed adjustment. You can dial it so that you can push the hydro stick completely forward, and you top speed will be set. Don't hold me completely for certain on this, but I think the floor switch for the master boom control was gone on these, and moved to the hydro handle. Boom sections are still on the side panel.

Bigger hubs, as in "way" bigger hubs. The actual speed switching is done at the wheel motors, so the shift block is now gone. Usually the biggest problems we encountered was grounds, and these could cause some wild things to happen. The ones back by the motor was usually the culprits. Had one co-op that the operator insisted on blowing out his booms with the machine folded up. Anytime they called, we just usually pulled the grounds apart at the motor frame, cleaned, put them back together and sent them a healthy bill. Even after we explained what was causing the problem in the first place.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)