AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3-stage telescoping hoist leaking bad- Help Please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 10/7/2015 16:40 (#4828094 - in reply to #4828062)
Subject: RE: 3-stage telescoping hoist leaking bad- Help Please

Southeast Wyoming

djmranch - 10/7/2015 14:54 I have a Ford Tandem truck with a pair of three stage hydraulic cylinders on it. I cannot find a brand, but it has a Knapheid box on it. It is leaking badly at the very top or small end of one of the cylinders. There is a bleed near the leak but it is not coming out of the bleed. I cannot seem to see where it is coming from for sure. It is not coming from the stage seals either. It looks like a big and dangerous job to take it out so I would like to understand what is the likely cause first. Does anyone have any experience with these type of cylinders and any ideas as to where the leak is coming from?

I was using my 20' Scott box with Harsh twin cylinder 3 stage hoist on a drill fill auger, constantly up and down.  It developed a leak but I was busy so let it go.  It gouged out a stage really bad.  I replaced the stage and all the seals, and yes it was a big job.  Harsh wanted me to take it to them but it worked fine.  IF I get some time I will see if I can find a pdf with diagrams of how they are assembled 

The bleed should be the only place at the top end where oil would "leak" so maybe you have a pinhole at the connecting point of the top stage (if it is like the Harsh I have, an RL-112, IIRC )

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)