AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

best way to straighten kinked 8" irrigation pipe?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GinNB
Posted 7/4/2008 17:13 (#409767 - in reply to #409065)
Subject: RE: best way to straighten kinked 8" irrigation pipe?

Two more good ideas for fixing the kink.  Not sure which is cheaper yet though. 

Idea number one is to turn the one 30' length of pipe into two shorter lengths by adding two weld-on bauer fittings after cutting out the damaged section.  This idea came from one of the fellows here.  Vanden Bussche is whipping me up a quote for that and some other parts. 

Idea number two is to cut out the kink and slide 8" rubber suction hose over top of the aluminum about a foot and use spiral clamps to hold it on.  Lube up the 8" aluminum with clear silicone first to act as lube and to seal it a bit better against air leaks after it dries.  The pipe is supposed to be 8"OD so 8" suction hose should fit right over top of it.  This idea came from the Vanden Bussche rep.  Not sure yet how the cost of 3-4' of flexible suction line will compare against two 8" weldon bauer fittings, but I'm tempted to go this route because my pond drops and I wanted a flexible section anyway.

Oh, idea number three I guess is to buy a whole new section.  With fittings, about $225.  I found one for sale.  Cost me half a day driving and more than the cost of the pipe in fuel to go get it though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)