AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 6/30/2008 02:08 (#407144 - in reply to #406994)
Subject: RE: E-Mail

I used Outlook for years, but about 2 years ago I started an account on gmail. The on line account is nice because it's always there no matter where you travel, it also stays the same if you switch providers, that saves in having to have your friends and contacts switch your email every time you change something.

I could be wrong, but I believe Yahoo and Hotmail both charge to allow you to download your email into another program such as Outlook.

The last I knew Gmail would allow you to set it up so anything that came or left your gmail account was automatically dumped into your Outlook account on your own computer. I have mine set this way and that way I keep a copy of what I've sent and the important things that have come in.

I can't speak to the others, but gmail does a pretty good job of filtering junk mail. I had one get through the other day, but that is the first time in at least 8 to 10 months that has happened.

I know gmail was easy to set up, it let me upload my whole address book from Outlook and I only had to make a couple corrections.

Doesn't cost anything to try them.

My 2 cents
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)