AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Insights into Insight operations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/28/2008 07:41 (#406056 - in reply to #405517)
Subject: Re: More Insights into Insight operations

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have not noticed a black screen when resetting guidance although I may not be performing the same sequence as you.

Most of my resetting of the AB line by remarking is done in a planting situation where I am not using autoswath.

I used the 8120 with autopilot to plant some peas for my nephew. The tandem pea drills were offset and not pulling straight. I played with the offset a fair amount to try to get the passes to line up properly.

When I tried using the Remark feature in that situation it seemed like it did not work properly. I would pull in where I thought I wanted to drive and hit Remark. The line moved on the screen like I wanted it to. I then took off and hit the ENGAGE button for the autopilot. The line jumped back to its original position and guidance was based on the "old" line. I did this several times with no success.

When I did this while planting corn and soybeans the Remark feature seemed to work as expected. The difference in these two situations was that with the planter there was no offset involved. With the pea drills there was an offset of 1.3 ft. Possibly the offset is confusing the system or maybe its confusing me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)