AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bill Gates' Windows experience - in his own words
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

PPo
Posted 6/26/2008 13:47 (#404923 - in reply to #404618)
Subject: Re: Bill Gates' Windows experience - in his own words

Snopes will find out not that long from now if it is Bill.

I agree with the microsoft update issues, though. If you have to torch your HD and start from a formatted disk at any point in the near future, you'll find out why.

Until you get windows update to do the updating on its own, you can't really get much because even if you can find the file in the lists of stuff on the download page ,it will tell you that you don't have a required patch to use it. So you go back to that required patch and download it and try to install it, and it tells you that you need to go backwards another level. That happens three times or so, and then you have to work your way back up.

I should be able to torch my HD and use my startup boot disks and then upload one microsoft program that will figure out what service packs I don't have and start me at the bottom and work its way through them, not make me take a ton of time to download things they say I need just to have them tell me that I can't install them because I need something else.

And you get an incomprehensible list, too - I might want service pack 2, but I'll get a list of files that includes anything that even references service pack 2, and the common pack that I need that probably 99% of the downloaders needs is either not found or it's found as like the 90th file listed after I've read the description for service packs of other dippy media or software packages that almost nobody uses. The one that 99% of the people are going to download should be listed at the top of the list!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)