AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Uneven NH3 distribution
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 6/26/2008 00:25 (#404705 - in reply to #404453)
Subject: RE: Uneven NH3 distribution

Just a suggestion: After 8 or 9 years strip-tilling, I am very conscientious about checking for new or used NH3 knife tube blockages. It is disappointing to find the "tube to knife" welds have often burned to deep and and are restricting the flow on some knives. I have found as many as 25% of a new set of knives restricted. You can determine restrictions by simply blowing through the new knife. The restrictions are that severe.

For a question of my own: Maybe someone can tell me what kind of material can bypass all the screens from the plant to the toolbar and cement every knife tube on my bar closed. Knives were new and within 200 acres were completely plugged. Even after setting on the end with the bar off for 15 minutes, the pressure gauges on each side of the bar were still reading over 50 psi.

Of course my dealer said it had to come from my system, (although one employ told me they'd had a lot of trouble with plugged knives that fall). Put another set of knives on and it has never happened again in 4 years. Any ideas ? The stuff was like VERY fine sand turned cement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)