AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Blackberry question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 6/20/2008 00:01 (#401154 - in reply to #400133)
Subject: RE: Blackberry question

The over all answer is yes they will.

I've only had my Blackberry for about a month now and I would say that the sync program for it is not nearly as fool proof as for something like an IPAQ or anything else that runs windows mobile.

My problem comes with keeping old events on my calendar. The blackberry wants to delete anything over a certain age. It also wants to transfer that process to my computer. I don't. I want to keep my old calendar because I can look up when such and such happened in past years.

I could live with the blackberry not keeping the info in it, but it keeps wanting to delete the info on my computer.

I've ended up resorting to synching only from the desktop to the blackberry and this forces me to enter everything on the desktop.

I spent 2 hours with Verizon tech support last Saturday and their solution was to tell me I was being unreasonable to want to keep all my old calendar data and they couldn't help me if I wanted to do that.

Haven't had time to deal anymore with it.

With the first synch it also went through and "adjusted" the Outlook contacts file changing the "display as" column to what ever it wanted no matter what was saved in Outlook. I have not had time to try and fix that problem.

As fo the phone I like it. I have a Curve with a full keyboard. Little small for fat fingers especially when I'm in the semi and it's bouncing around, but I can get by. Use it to pull up radar more than I thought I would. Email coming in is no problem. Finding a better way to pick and choose and delete some without deleting them all is something I have to work on. Battery lasts longer than my other straight phones ever thought about, but it also takes longer to charge back up on the car charger. The Curve is 120% better than the Motorola Q that I tried to begin with. Track ball is great to work with even in rough bouncing trucks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)