AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 7000 4 row wide marker question..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

91reddog
Posted 5/16/2015 20:37 (#4574314)
Subject: JD 7000 4 row wide marker question..

My markers wouldn't operate this year and it appeared to have a hydraulic leak inside the 6x6 frame. I took the whole thing apart and discovered a whole bunch of mice nests, and the flexible cable had the outer shield ate off and was leaking. I decided to replace the steel hydraulic line also while I had the whole thing apart. Got the parts and everything inside the frame went well... (so it appeared). When I went to install the marker control valve, I only had the bullet shaped part and the inside spring. I called the JD dealer, and they told me that there were two more parts missing, a screen, and a valve pressure adjuster, which threads into the assembly. I know this part wasn't in there to begin with, because in order to lose it, I would've had to take it out of the assembly, which I didn't. Ordered the parts and installed today. Operated the marker hydraulics and actuator manually, and basically pumped most of the oil out of the cylinder while cleaning it and making sure it triggered properly.

Called the JD dealer and asked if I needed to bleed the cylinder or if it would feed fluid on its own. He told me that it should pump fluid thru if I cycled it a few times.

I could not get anything to operate in regards to the markers. Im not sure if its the lack of fluid in the cylinder, and not cycling at all, or if I have to adjust the marker control valve to feed more fluid to the cylinder. Your thoughts>

Thanks

R

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)