AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First year experiences with EZ-500 and EZ-steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bruno Koop
Posted 6/5/2008 05:35 (#390989 - in reply to #390110)
Subject: RE: First year experiences with EZ-500 and EZ-steer

deereman - 6/4/2008 03:26 Set up on omni-hp. All in all worked pretty good but did have times when it was very frustrating such as going under a big tree and having to wait half hour before I had signal again also a couple of times when planting in a bare open field it just went totally screwy and tried to steer totally off course and turn tractor around, I have no idea what happend but all I did was unplug, wait half hour and it was fine again. It did plant straight but my main question is on the ends I had a very hard time getting lined back up with the rows so it would be straight when I let the planter down. I put in 36 row headlands and it seemed I needed all of them most of the time to get it going straight. It seemed to turn the wheel to slow to get it line back up in time. It was real bad after dark when I could hardly see the last pass. I know this is just one of those things you have to get used to but is there any tricks to help for next year?? I had it on a mx210 and it is not a big deal but the ez steer motor did seem to make plenty of vibrating noise which I did get used to but any way to lessen that noise.

What will happen if you just disconnecting the EZ-Steer Controller instead turning off the display and receiver? Than the convergence shouldn´t been lost. Try to get the power directly from battery, which reduces T2 gyro confusion.

To minimize the waiting time, set a higher convergence distance.

If you want to minimize vibrations, maybe it helpes if you set no freeplay which is causing much turning of the EZ-motor.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)