AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Guy + EZ-GUide 250 = I feel like Ray Charles on Crack
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ddivinia
Posted 6/1/2008 08:24 (#388559)
Subject: New Guy + EZ-GUide 250 = I feel like Ray Charles on Crack

Red Oak, Texas
I installed my Ez-Guide 250 and the Ag15 antenna last night in my John Deere 5525 cab tractor. I'll post a couple pics tonight. A couple notes: the power cord is really too short and the antenna is really too long. I was going to cut off the cigarette lighter cord and put a JD connector on it to plug into my power strip but it holds the fuse for the unit. I'll figure something out later on that.

So, at midnight I decided that I needed to go try this baby out.

Satellite coverage is not a problem - locked in by the time I got tot he field.

I figured I would do a couple headlands (2 circuits) and then fill it it. Well, I selected headland and then select A. What is this drive 160 feet to point B. What do they really mean by that?

I figured out the button on the left turns the mark on and off - pretty cool.

Well, I went around pastures and I was zooming in and out of the map and I came back to point A (it was on the map). I was not sure what to do. So, I just kept going. Circuit 2 didn't see B either (also - no LEDS lit).

I finally gave up on the headland thing and did a point A to B and I finally got some guidance, but man with a narrow implement I am going to be busy but I guess that is the point. The one thing that is confusing is if you go past the line you want, it will go onto the line on the other side. I guess that is just an experience thing.

So - how do I get this headland thing working?

Any advice for me?

Not sure where everybody else mounts these untis, but I mounted mine at eye level on the upper mount in my cab. If I had to look down at this thing to often I suspect I would get vertigo.

This thing is going to rock when I get it figured out but sure glad I was not trying to do any real work with it the first time.

Thanks,
D.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)