AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

spraying with insight ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/28/2008 06:59 (#386144 - in reply to #385291)
Subject: Re: spraying with insight ?...another way

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Seeing Ron's screenshot reminds me of another feature that may be useful with NH3. Notice in his screenshot that their is a box indicating controller time delay, This is the amount of time between when application starts and the automatic compensation takes place. This value defaults to Zero.

This concept has been available on many Raven controllers for some time and is referred to as "delay to automatic". This works well with NH3 and a two valve Raven system where the control valve and ON/OFF valves are separate.

With NH3 there are no check valves, so the system bleeds down on each end. If you pull in at normal speed and turn the system ON, a rush of NH3 goes out the tubes until some backpressure due to the tubing, knives and ground resistance retards the flow to a more normal rate. The flowmeter will report this accelerated rate to the controller, the controller will attempt to slow down this flow by adjusting the control valve. About the time it gets the control valve shut down slightly, the flow is retarded on its own and then the system needs to open the control valve back up again. By using a delay to automatic, the system will stay in manual for the specified number of seconds before it jumps into automatic.

With a Raven system this was equivalent to having the operator switch to manual as he approached an end and then going back to Rate 1 or Rate 2 as they got going down the next pass. I typically used a value of 5 seconds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)