AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Autoboom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notill89
Posted 5/23/2008 07:33 (#383166 - in reply to #383043)
Subject: RE: Raven Autoboom

South Central Nebraska

We have the wheels on the boom version. Works good if your ground speed is within reason. Flat to rolling ground you can go up to 12 to 13 mph, but if you have very steep terraces or ditches you need to be in that 7 to 10 mph area. We have a pull type 1500 gal sprayer with 90 foot boom so we typically don't go as fast as the self propelled but if the ground is fit you can go up to 15 mph.

One thing I learned when I first got it was you need to have the wheels angled a little bit forward. When they were vertical to the ground and came to a terrace they would tend to want to fold backwards. After the second time of this happening, instead of straightening the brackets I just turned them around so the wheels faced forwards instead of backwards. It really helped change the angle of contact to the ground as well as keeping the wheel out of the spray pattern when the wind is blowing from behind you.

On a windy day you can set your boom lower to the ground and not worry about running it into the ground.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)