AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Flowmeter Connection Setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/19/2008 07:19 (#380777 - in reply to #380677)
Subject: RE: Insight Flowmeter Connection Setup

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Older Micro-Trak flowmeters only had two wires since they used a reed switch which was deflected by the passing magnet on the turbine.

Newer Micro-Trak flowmeters use a more sophisticated hall effect sensor which requires power for the circuit inside the sensor. So in your case if you have a three wire type you will need to connect all three wires.

The Ag Leader App Rate module stub that splits into the flowmeter Weatherpak, the implement switch Weatherpak and the Amp radar connector is apparently what you have.

The flowmeter connection is a 3 pole shroud with Pin A being 12V, Pin B is signal and Pin C is ground. Your Micro-trak flowmeter may have a weatherpak connector on it already but it may be the wrong sex and/or wiring pattern.

The meter cal that you enter into the configuration for this flowmeter will be the number stamped on the Micro-Trak tag as this number represents the number of pulses/gallon which should be appropriate.

The configuration will be setup as an application. No implement switch is needed for a simple flow monitoring setup since the map/logging will start/stop based on the flow detected by the flowmeter.

This is what I use with a Raven flowmeter to monitor my starter fertilizer on my planter. There I have an implement switch also. The implement switch starts/stops the variety logging/mapping while the flomweter handles the fertilizer portion.

Edited by tedbear 5/20/2008 14:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)