AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drago Corn Head
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JRthefarmer
Posted 3/1/2015 22:39 (#4424316 - in reply to #4424150)
Subject: RE: Drago Corn Head

SESD
Dragos are great heads. We've had one for 8yrs now. My opinion is they will put the most grain in the tank, all other things being equal. Honestly, I don't know what the more maintenance is about. Daily-grease rolls, grease drive shafts, grease top sprockets. Weekly-check drive chain tensions. Pretty simple. Seasonally, grease pistons for deck plates and other fittings as well as gathering chains. I check gear box before season, and I feel that's enough. Also, there are poly guides for the gathering chains that should be checked each season. I use the special lube in the gear boxes and use JD poly for the daily. Parts are no problem for me either. Very rarely need something in season.

In 8 years, I've never had trouble with the sticky deck plates. I know some on here have and say they do everything to keep them clean. I blow the head off occasionally with leave blower and blow it out good at end of season. If need be, a little lube on the pivots and work them with a vise grip on the pivot tube. I like the tension on the plates high, that way ears aren't getting stripped through.

All in all, I would say they are at the top tier of heads. If you want grain in the tank, Drago is the head you want.

Edited by JRthefarmer 3/1/2015 22:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)