AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag farm management software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 5/14/2008 14:00 (#377882 - in reply to #377841)
Subject: Re: Ag farm management software

Leesburg, Ohio
We have used FBS software since 1981. I like the flexibility of the system...you can set it up to be as detailed or as simple as you like. I still liked the older DOS versions better, but that's just me. It's not cheap, but no good farm software is cheap.

They send updates annually. The support is good, but if you want immediate return of your phone calls, it's a big support fee to get it. Otherwise, they call you back in a day or so. The farm accountant we now use, uses FBS, and really knows it well, so we dropped our support fee to the minimum with FBS.

I like the ability to set up "Macros" for quickly making repetitive entries, and for producing often-used reports.

I have neighbors who use Quickbooks, but there is no good way I have seen to keep track of quantities (bushels, tons, etc.) with most generic accounting programs.

FBS has several modules that can purchased for crops, hogs, payroll, depreciation, and several other specialized modules. We only have the main program, and Crop Audit, which keeps detailed inventories, harvest, and application records. Most basic recordkeeping functions can be easily done without any of the added modules. Depends on how much detail you want. They are one of the best in the industry now for managerial and cost accounting.

I'm sure there are other good programs out there, this is just what we have experience with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)