AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Busy . . .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 8/5/2006 22:49 (#33054 - in reply to #32958)
Subject: RE: I think I've

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

Antenna mount was a length of 2" square tubing mounted to the two bolts on the front of the cab top. I welded an 18" length of 3/16" X 4" strap to the underside of the tubing before I bolted it to the cab roof.

For the EZ-motor mount, I removed the plastic shrouding from the top of the steering column until I found a short length of steel tube that I could clamp to. I split a short length of 2" pipe, lengthwise and spread it ever so slightly so it just saddled the Gleaner column. I then welded ears to it, for some 1/4" bolts to create a clamp. Once I had the column clamp made, I used 3/16" X 4" strap to fashion the motor mount bracket. I came perpendicular to the clamp, far enough to clear the instrument box, bent it to follow the box for about 4" and then bent it at a ninety to form the shelf to mount the motor to. This piece was welded to one of the clamp halves. I was able to get the bracket to closely match the top of the instrument box and re-attach the plastic shroud by merely cutting a slot for the bracket to emerge. The motor is mounted at the 12 O'Clock position and the steering wheel is nearly fully collapsed when the motor is being used. Telescoping the column outward makes for a more comfortable manual steering and also moves the wheel away from the EZ, so you are in no danger of rapping your knuckles on it when driving manually.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)