AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Impressed with MOJO RTK performences.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Francksaskfarmer
Posted 5/11/2008 22:36 (#376164)
Subject: Impressed with MOJO RTK performences.

Edgeley, Saskatchewan
I installed a MOJO RTK into a Cat MT 865 with great performances.

The installation is easy enough but I wish for a way to easily take on and off the 2 roof antennas. it is not very easy no as there is no splicing in the cable.

The setup and navigation through the screens is very intuitive.

The steering on The CAT is fast to align without any setting tweeks.

I was not impressed with the lack of features but I understand line storing is available with the new recent firmware upgrade. But it is hard to get since virtual wrench does not seem to be available in my part of Canada.
The feature I miss the most is the Heading feature. I had all my fields setup with heading of so many degrees. I understand it is coming.
But I am confident that all the bells and whistles will be available shortly as they are only software related. The Hardware is high quality and very expendable.

The base station is very fast to fix a position. But the battery life leaves much to be desired. I tried to set up a small battery with solar panel but it would not keep up. Support could not tell me what the draw was to configure a proper set up.
I would like to put the aerial higher on a bin or tower with the base at ground level to make sure we have line of sight more consistently but I was not able to locate the right cable and cable ends yet.

I wish the website had more info on different issues or accessories like those mentioned above and I am sure it will get there.

Overall a great bang for the buck.
I pull a 88' seeder and we are consistently at 1" accuracy. Blows Omistar away for about the same cost. No subscription AND no convergence time.

Francksaskfarmer

Edited by Francksaskfarmer 5/11/2008 22:46

(Seeding 2008 035.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Seeding 2008 035.jpg (54KB - 214 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)