AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Test weight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ndred
Posted 1/22/2015 22:18 (#4331340 - in reply to #4330177)
Subject: RE: Test weight

s nd
I think my problem with this subject is, if you are going to produce a product, shouldn't you know a little more about it than what it looks like? You should be able to discuss quality and test weight with half your brain tied behind your back, and the other half thinking about good looking women.
All our production has a test weight, and sometimes it is important to know the differences to make some decisions. I can load a truck with 54 pound corn and take off across south dakota without a worry, as I know the weight will be legal. I'd better not load that truck the same way with 61 pound corn and expect the dot to sympathize with me because I'm overloaded.
I can contract a 10,000 bushel bin of beans to the elevator, but I can never quite fill that contract, as beans around here are 55-58 pounds a bushel from the field. I know why without a second thought and don't do it, and I guess I think everyone else should also. Test weight has nothing to do with yield, that has been argued. But never fault a guy that wished his 56 pound corn was 60 pounds, as he was referring to the same truck load or bin full with the additional 4 pounds per bushel bump. He's versed in test weight and knows the difference in his thinking. Just remember I said he wished the thirty six foot depth in a bin with 56 pound corn was 60 pound corn, just to get the additional weight/bushels.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)