AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Youth basketball
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dg25
Posted 1/8/2015 11:23 (#4296797)
Subject: Youth basketball

Northwest IL
I am the coach for my sons fifth grade basketball team. We start games this weekend. Games are 20 minute half's running clock until last 2 minutes each half. Any of you agtalkers been in this position before. At this age at least our school (others not) is meant for fun and close to equal playing time. The problem is I have 12 kids. So equal playing time is 16-17 minutes per kid. If I had 10 I would just divide and go with two teams and no problem. The 12 is hard to figure out a good rotation. The other problem is two kids are really bad as in totally lost and will travel the minute they touch the ball. I have to play them but how much? One more after that is borderline but then the next 8-9 players not to worried about. Any suggestions? I have three kids including my son who aren't all stars but are the only three who have played games in a league with refs. All new to the others come this weekend. So any coaches, parents, grandparents who have been here before tell me your past experiences, thoughts or suggestions. Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)