AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Post below results in this question about MX tractors...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

smallsquares
Posted 12/23/2014 15:00 (#4260089 - in reply to #4257767)
Subject: overall positive

southwest IA
Bought a used 98 MX200 with 900 hrs a few years ago. Now have around 3800 hrs on it. In that time put an alternator on it, pto switch in arm rest, shifter switch replaced in throttle handle, couple terminators replaced behind seat, one hyd line below the rear of cab, and replaced exhaust pipe between turbo and stack. Dealer replaced a couple ac parts behind seat. Dealer also replaced right front mfd hub, that's been the only major repair. Still have it as the main tractor. Yes the oil pan gasket seeps a little.

I did tear out the shrouding around the drive shaft between the engine and transmission so I could keep an eye on the drive plate and u-joints. Also switched out the plugs for zerks in the drive shaft u-joints. And I pryed out the engine fan clutch spring because the fan clutch was acting up and under load she would overheat.

The tractor is a pleasure to run and I didn't feel like the issues were anything out of the ordinary with the exception of the mfd hub, wasn't too pleased with that incident.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)